A Belgian based design studio run by Maria Scarpulla and Jori Hernalsteen. Their work focusses on piece-furniture and functional objects.
The quest to find a universal language of form and freedom, of color and simplicity, leads them to subtle, poetic designs that express their love of life and timeless beauty.
Objects dazzle and blend into their environment owing to their minimalist composition, preceded by disciplined fine-tuning and nuance, careful color and contrast studies. Maria’s subtle designs grow stronger in the chaos of everyday life.
Their purpose as both artistic and functional objects is an invitation to the owner to enter into a dialogue. In their own words ‘a conversation in color and form’ Maria Scarpulla designs are changeable, modifiable to the mood and tune of the day. The ‘conversation’ must not stop.
- 2023 | Nathalie Deboel Invites Atelier ECRU Gallery @ Nathalie Deboel Office (Knokke) - BE
- 2023 | ZOO_Hub | Vagabond Collection on View - Florence - IT
- 2022 | Vagabonds - Atelier Ecru Gallery @ Magellan (Knokke) - BE
- 2022 | Vagabonds – Collectible | 20-22 May – Brussels - BE
- 2022 | Il Filo Di Scarpulla - Valerie Traan Gallery – Antwerp BE
- 2020 | Campi Di Colore (Solo Exhibition) - Atelier Ecru Gallery – Ghent BE
- 2019 | You Know the Way, Right? (Solo Exhibition) – Studio Stories – Ghent BE
- 2016 | Market City by Unizo – Ghent BE
- 2015 | Open Atelier Markt +1 – Ghent BE
- 2015 | Nightshift – Ghent BE
- 2014 | Depot 09 – Ghent BE
- 2014 | OONA – Welcome Days – Antwerp BE
- 2014 | Visualization at Bast – Aalst BE
- 2013 | Visualization at Rewind Store (Men) – Ghent BE
- 2013 | Baroness.O x Bureau Jacky /Show Up Shop – Ghent BE
- 2013 | Integration Solo Expo – Ghent BE
- 2013 | LUCA School of Arts: Invasie - Antwerp BE
- 2013 | Ventura Lambrate: Fuori Saloni Design Week – Milano IT